Started streaming on April 12, 2018
Welcome to Virtual Railfan, please read this important info.
Scanner Feed: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/28132
You are watching a live stream of San Juan Capistrano, California USA, for people who enjoy watching trains. You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
***This camera has been sponsored by an anonymous donor!***
Hungry? Stop by Trevor's and have an award winning meal!
https://www.trevorsatthetracks.com/ A huge thanks to Trevor and his crew for the location and hospitality!
Duplication or distribution of our videos is strictly prohibited without permission.
• Be polite and respectful
• Use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don't use the terms "foamer" or "foaming" in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• This a train chat, please avoid discussing personal matters
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
San Juan Capistrano, California, is located in Orange County, and is located on Metrolink's Orange Subdivision, the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (AT&SF) line between their mainline at Fullerton and San Diego.
The station sees about 24 Amtraks (Pacific Surfliner) and 16 Metrolinks (Inland Empire & Orange County lines) each weekday.
About 4 BNSF freight trains run overnight from Barstow, CA, to San Diego. They do not pass through Fullerton, as they must use the Olive Sub 5 miles east, at Atwood Junction.
The station was built in 1894 by the Santa Fe, in their typical Mission Style.
This is a designated quiet zone (QZ), but crews can use the horns at their discretion anytime. The crossing seen in camera view is no longer a street, and is now pedestrian-only.
There is an ATCS layout, but with little to no data (server) coverage.
The camera is a 360, providing full range of motion when an operator is present.
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy, link: https://bit.ly/2qoI2ul
For Metrolink: https://bit.ly/2GPHYec
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 33 cams from 3 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.